Take time...

Take time...
Early Detection... it's life or death!!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Traditional or Homeopathic ~ Faith or Atheism: The line in the sand is drawn!

I was raised Catholic (don't blame me, I didn't do it!) and about the time I could reason and ask 'Why?' I left faster than you can imagine.  Catholicism wasn't and isn't for me.  I wandered aimlessly about for a great deal of my early adult life, with no spiritual guidance, per se'.  I turned to the Lord sometime in my twenties, but didn't put much effort into the whole 'Christian Walk.'  I walked away.

Many years and heartaches later, (excuse me, time out for a hot flash!!) I returned to the Lord.  Now that journey was bumpy at best, but I did give it my all, for a while, at least.  Seems jumping in with both feet when it comes to really devoting my life to Jesus Christ that I would stay just on this side of the line, with an occasional testing (if you will) the waters. 

So now here I am with my back up against that proverbial wall. My faith never wavered, regardless of my actions.  My heart was and has always been with the Lord.  Did I or have I broke just about some of (if not all) the Commandments?  Without a doubt.  Did that ever change His love for me?  Absolutely not.  (Although I'm pretty sure there were occasions where He would lean over to others and comment, 'Watch this.. your going to love what she does here!' and He would be 'rolling on the clouds laughing').So why should I have any doubts that if He chooses, He could heal me?  I don't. Period. 

While I was going through Chemo, I absolutely hated it.  I hated the fact that I had to rely on Traditional Medicine to heal me.  It seemed to me that I only felt sick AFTER I started trying the path to 'cure' it.  Prior to chemo, I felt marvelous, a little tired at times, but for all intensive purposes, I was NOT SICK! Purposely pumping poison through my body every week, to me, just seemed to be killing more birds with one stone than I cared to count.  The same with taking Antibiotics.  Let's kill all the antibodies so we know for sure we got the 'right' one!  Compromising my immune system even more so is not, again, in my opinion, the way to go.  A body has a built in defense system.  Naturally when it's under attack from something like cancer, it's ability to fight is diminished.  What I am intending on doing is rebuilding my immune system, and fight the cancer with Homeopathic medicines. I have a friend in Baltimore who was one of the very first people who talked to me, as a Survivor, and she is hesitant about my going JUST the Homeopathic route.  Like I told someone yesterday who I was in a somewhat heated debate with, it's not like I have any other choice. It's either roll over and die, or fight it with the best alternative I can find.  And truth be told, I'm rather relieved at this point that I don't have to worry about if one is going to counteract the other or not.

I do believe in all my heart, that there are 'other' methods out there that can and DO work when it comes to healing cancer, and yes, stage iv breast cancer as well.  I believe those methods are just not given the credibility to do so from the Medical Journals, or that would contradict the Hippocratic Oath,  "to treat the ill to the best of one's ability, to preserve a patient's privacy, to teach the secrets of medicine to the next generation, and so on", which SHOULD include Homeopathic Medicine, since it's still a form of medicine in and of itself, as the oath states. For the doctor who told me I WAS going to die from this... NOT SO FAST Bucko!!  Not if my God, my faith and my direction have anything to say about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment